Visitor Experience Assistant
This is a front-line position requiring maturity, ability to take responsibility, and an outgoing personality.
Part-time 4 days/week (7.5 hours/day approx. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Weekend work required.
The position is seasonal and part-time. The successful candidate will work Sundays through Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; the position runs from mid-May through October 27.
To staff museum welcome desk, including:
- Greet and orient visitors
- Complete sales transaction for museum admissions and gift shop sales
- Provide travel information as needed
- On guided tour days, provide assistance to tour guides and tour attendees as needed
- Compile daily use records
- Accomplish light housekeeping duties as needed (stocking restroom supplies and periodic sweeping and glass cleaning)
To manage gift shop, with assistance from the Museum director:
- Purchase new inventory (books and collections-related items) as directed
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records
- Maintain inventory supply of best-selling items
- Develop and maintain engaging shop displays
To provide daily site access and security, including:
- Unlocks and locks museum education center and outbuildings
- Monitors operation of AV components in education center exhibits
- Monitors functionality of security and safety systems
- Provides light housekeeping/collections care as needed
- Communicates safety, maintenance and program needs to supervisor in a timely fashion
Assists with other assignments as requested. These may include (and are not limited to) the following:
- Miscellaneous office support
- Public Relations & Marketing, including social media support, maintain mailing lists, assist with bulk mailings
- Assistance with programs and special events
- Collections Management including research and cataloging
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Comfort with and talent in working with the public, including all ages and abilities.
- Computer proficiency including word and data documents (Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.)
- Highly organized and a team player.
- A self-starter and one who is comfortable with taking assignments.
- Willingness to work both alone and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time (up to one hour)
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (over mowed grass and on dirt, gravel and woodchip paths)
- Ability to maneuver multiple stairs and ramps made of wood and stone
Recommended and Preferred
- An appreciation of Vermont and American history, agriculture and art.
- Experience in museums or education and/or working with the public.
Rokeby Museum is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering diversity within our organization.
For more information and to apply, email email@example.com.