Rokeby Museum 2020 Annual Fund — Reimagining Our Future
Rokeby Museum is a National Historic Landmark, designated for its exceptional Underground Railroad history. Guided by Rachel Gilpin and Rowland Thomas Robinson’s commitment to speaking truth to power, today’s Rokeby is committed to serving as a center for the exploration and discussion of contemporary social justice issues.
Guided tours, lectures, special events and education programs connect the lives of the Robinsons to current scholarship and current events. All are designed to educate, enlighten and inspire.
Rokeby Museum is adapting to the current environment,
while planning for the future.
- Opened the Education Center safely to the public in July
- Adapted our programming to the current environment
- Hired a Museum Director
- Welcomed our first resident intern
- Launched a successful membership drive
- Reopen the house to visitors
- Build a dynamic programming calendar that centers Rokeby as a community space and highlights our diverse history
- Cultivate partnerships and education opportunities that introduces Rokeby to new audiences
- Develop and Implement a 5-year Strategic Plan
- Create greater opportunities for event & programming sponsorships
Thank You for helping us reach these accomplishments and for helping us reimagine our future.
Become a member today to enjoy free admission to the museum, tours, lectures, and events; a 10% discount on Museum purchases; subscription to the museum newsletter; and early notification of upcoming events.
Members can also enjoy such expanded benefits as reserved seating at lectures, “behind the scenes” museum tours, and special gifts.
Year in and year out, Rokeby Museum members are among the museum’s most important supporters, helping to fund collections care, education, and preservation of historic buildings.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to learn from and share the legacy of Rokeby’s remarkable Robinson family of authors, artists, abolitionists, naturalists, and farmers.